Fort Walla Walla Museum
The Bookkeeper is a permanent, part-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director. The Bookkeeper is responsible for managing financial transactions and reporting at Fort Walla Walla Museum (FWWM). Please apply via our website at www.fwwm.org/opportunities.
- Perform all bookkeeping duties - Payroll, process accounts payable (including membership billing) and accounts receivable, payroll taxes & reports, monthly financial statements, business licenses and various government reports
- Receive, reconcile and deposit daily receipts
- Assist budget preparation
- Assist in the production of grant proposals and grant fulfillment, support other development activities including managing personal giving records
- Staff liaison for Finance & Budget Committee
- Maintain updated task list and schedule for position
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
AA degree and three years’ experience or 5 years accounting/bookkeeping experience with a basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); a valid driver's license; ability to work independently; ability to work effectively and congenially with staff, volunteers and visitors; proficiency in QuickBooks, Word, and Excel.
Experience with public or not for profit organizations; working knowledge of Past Perfect; fluency in Spanish; basic knowledge of IT; interest and enthusiasm in preserving and sharing local heritage.