DEVELOPMENT COORDINATORBlue Mountain Humane Society’s Development Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Development team by managing and coordinating all activities related to donor relations, fundraising, special events, and other development initiatives.
Status: Full Time | 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: $20/Hour | Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Development Director
Date Effective: 5/15/2023
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute fundraising campaigns and events including researching, creating, and managing timelines, budgets, and other related materials.
- Assist in identifying prospective individuals, foundations, and corporate donors/sponsors and implement strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Manage donor data, gifts, pledges, and other records in an accurate, timely, and secure manner.
- Ensure donor acknowledgements and other correspondence are accurate and sent in a timely manner.
- Prepare and deliver donor reports, presentations, and other materials as required.
- Assist in the research, preparation, and tracking of grant applications and other fundraising proposals.
- Serve as the database administrator for DonorPerfect.
- Make public appearances to share information about Blue Mountain Humane Society as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience, especially in nonprofit work, or business management
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills to include building alliances with donors, sponsors, and community organizations.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Demonstrated interest in, commitment to, and understanding of mission-driven work and the nonprofit sector — must embrace the mission and vision of Blue Mountain Humane Society
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create, lead, and inspire a team of staff, volunteers, and board members.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and dependable
- Able to juggle demands, prioritize, and follow through to timely completion.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and have a tactful, mature, and sincere attitude.
Compensation & BenefitsThe pay will be $20 an hour. Medical, dental, vision, and employer-matched Simple IRA are part of the benefits package.
- Indoors in a climate-controlled setting, outdoors at the shelter, or on location for activities and events.
- Schedule is typically Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Regular exposure to a variety of animals
BMHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.